MPCA PLAYERS TO REPESENT VICTORIAN COUNTRY
Matt Foy from Hastings Cricket Club and Tom Ewing from Mt Eliza Cricket Club have been selected to represent the U17 Victorian Country Cricket team which will play in the National Championship to be held in Brisbane beginning September 28th.
All at the MPCA congratulate Matt & Tom on their selection and wish them all the best for the championship.
POSITION VACANT – MPCA UMPIRES ADVISOR
UMPIRES ADVISOR – Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association
Expressions of Interest are invited for the position of MPCA Umpires Advisor.
The position will report to the MPCA Board with Job description as follows.
To develop and maintain comprehensive umpire coaching, on- going training, assessment and recruitment of Umpires.
1. Motivate, develop and support umpires.
2. Be responsible for the on- going improvement of umpires.
3. Where applicable monitor each umpires development plan.
4. Review post-match assessment of umpires.
5. Liaise with the Director of Umpiring following the review of post-match assessment of umpires.
6. Liaise with the umpire selection panel following the review of post-match assessment of umpires.
7. Attend nominated matches to observe and provide appropriate coaching to umpires.
8. Ensure umpires are properly instructed and fully versed in the Laws of Cricket, MPCA Playing conditions, interpretation and policies.
9. Organise and attend umpiring workshops and the provision of appropriate umpire training materials.
10. Develop and implement recruitment strategies for new umpies.
11. Attend on a regular basis meetings of the MPCUA.
12. Attend if required MPCA Board and Club President Meetings.
The applicant will possess the following attributes:
1. Should be keen and enthusiastic about cricket, umpiring and developing people.
2. Demonstrated umpiring experience at a senior level of not less than three years and preferably at Premier cricket level.
3. Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the Laws of Cricket and MPCA playing conditions.
4. Be able to demonstrate the ability to tailor coaching methods for different individuals and personalities.
5. Knowledge of the relevant health and safety issues pertaining to cricket.
6. Excellent communication skills at all levels including public speaking.
7. Be well organised and have a strong work ethic.
A fee will be offered and negotiated on appointment.
Expressions of Interest by close of business on Friday, 4 September 2015 and are to be forwarded to: Paul Pelzer, General Manager, Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association Inc, PO Box 482, Hastings 3915 or via email at email@example.com.
U18 SOUTH EAST SHARKS SQUAD
Below is The South East Country Sharks nominations squad. The players in the squad will be vying for a spot in the final 13 to represent the region in Cricket Victoria’s U18 State Championships (January 2016). All players will receive notification about an upcoming Pathway information night to be held at Frankston Peninsula Cricket Club. The trial process will begin in late September all players will be notified. The story can also be seen on the region website: http://secountry.cricketvictoria.com.au/home.aspx