MPCUA–IT’S YOUR CALL!
BECOME A CRICKET UMPIRE
IT’S YOUR CALL
The Mornington Peninsula Cricket Umpires Association (MPCUA) is seeking to recruit both newcomers and experienced umpires to its ranks for the 2021-22 season and beyond – both female and male applicants are most welcome.
Are you an ex-player who hasn’t been involved in the game for a while – maybe you are a club supporter interested in becoming more actively involved in the game – or perhaps you are simply a cricket lover who wants to take on the challenge of participating directly in the game from the best seat in the house. Umpiring with the MPCUA will help you reignite old cricket friendships and forge new bonds with your fellow umpires.
All new recruits will be provided with full training before the commencement of the season – thereafter, ongoing support, mentoring and constructive feedback will be provided throughout the season.
The Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association (MPCA) has four very competitive divisions, Provincial/Peninsula/District/Sub-District, which encompasses teams from as far afield as Carrum and Seaford to Sorrento and French Island – all matches are played on Saturday afternoons from 1pm with a finishing time of no later than 7pm – attractive match payments are on offer.
For further details or an expression of interest please contact:
Paul Tuff, Director of Umpires – 0417 169 718 email@example.com
Garry Seaborne, Secretary – 0422 432 915 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vale Mr Simon Fiedler (1951-2021)
The Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association is saddened to hear of the passing of our esteemed Life Member and Historian Simon Fiedler and extends its deepest condolences to the family and friends of Simon.
Simon began his Cricket career at Moorooduc and soon found his way to Mornington by 1969.
Simon’s service to the MPCA extends for more than 50 years and his contribution included being a MPCA Board Member, Country Week Scorer, Historian and Life Member of the MPCA. Simon also spent many hours looking after the Turf wicket and the maintenance of the oval and rooms at Grayden’s Road.
Simon was awarded Life Membership of both the Mornington CC and the MPCA, he also was awarded in 2000 an Australian Sports Medal for Services to Cricket.
Simon’s interest was not only limited to Cricket but was awarded a Life Membership of the Southern Umpires Association and was Historian of the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League for some 30 years. Simon gave up so much of his time to record and maintain the ongoing history of our Association and the local Football Association for many many years.
Simon’s passion was the History of both local football and cricket and a more knowledgeable facts and figures man we have yet to meet. Simon spent countless hours at the Victorian State Library researching old newspapers to complete his comprehensive reports.
Simon will be sadly missed by many.
RIP Mr Fiedler.
Balnarring Cricket Club Coach 2021-22 Season
The Balnarring Cricket club is seeking applications for the position of club coach (playing or non-playing) for the 2021-22 Season
Balnarring Cricket Club has a long and proud history dating back to 1880. We are affiliated with the Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association and are a family friendly club with a prominent presence within the community.
Our rooms and nets have been redeveloped in the past 5 years, and there are plans underwayto resurface the ground.
We currently have 4 senior sides, 10 junior sides and plans to form a women’s side.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
– Possess exceptional communication skills across all ages and genders
– Be able to build a strong relationship with key stakeholders on and off the field through demonstrated enthusiasm, responsiveness, trust, accessibility and a physical presence at the club
– Be highly motivated, driven and passionate about cricket, cricket coaching and club culture
– Be willing to promote and help grow participation numbers
– Be well mannered and articulate
– Be able to structure training sessions to help players maximize their sessions
– Provide individual and team coaching
– Expected to deliver 2 training sessions per week that cater to a wide range of levels, abilities and fitness levels
– Assist in match day warm up and preparation
– If not a playing coach, must be prepared to attend games on Saturday’s to watch player performance
– Mentor senior captains and leadership group
– Assess player performance
– Assist in selection of all senior teams
– Help facilitate the transition of players from the junior program to the senior program
– Attend club functions and presentation nights
– Attend committee meetings as needed to update the committee on any aspects related to the coaching role and player issues
– Attend junior matches (particularly the under 16’s) where possible to assess players who arecoming through to seniors
– Level 2 coaching certificate preferable
– Working with Children’s Check (mandatory)
– Level 2 First Aid Certificate (not mandatory, but preferable)
The role is a paid position, and remuneration will be discussed with the successful applicant
All applicants are required to provide the following
Please send expression of interests to