MORNINGTON PENINSULA CRICKET ASSOCIATION INC.
“proud partner of Your Community Bank Bendigo Bank”
Expressions of Interest Invited for the position of MPCA Umpires Advisor
Fee offered will be negotiated on appointment.
Accountable to The MPCA Board & MPCUA Executive
To develop and maintain comprehensive umpire coaching, on- going training, assessment and if required, help with the recruitment of Umpires.
- Motivate, develop and support umpires.
- Be responsible for the on- going improvement of umpires.
- Where applicable monitor each umpires development plan.
- Liaise with the Director of Umpiring and Umpiring Selection Panel regarding post-match assessment of umpires.
- Attend nominated matches to observe and provide appropriate coaching to umpires.
- Ensure umpires are properly instructed and fully versed in the MCC Laws of Cricket, MPCA By Laws, Playing Rules, Playing conditions, and policies.
- Organise and attend umpiring workshops and the provision of appropriate umpire training materials.
- Where required assist with and help develop and implement recruitment strategies for new umpies.
- Attend on a regular basis meetings of the MPCUA.
- Attend if required MPCA Board and Club President Meetings.
The applicant will possess the following attributes;
Should be keen and enthusiastic about cricket, umpiring and developing people’
- Demonstrated umpiring experience at a senior level of not less than three years and preferably at Premier Cricket and or Victorian Sub District level. (Or Equivalent)
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the Laws of Cricket and MPCA By Laws, Rules and the local playing conditions.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to tailor coaching methods for different individuals and personalities.
- Knowledge of the relevant health and safety issues pertaining to cricket.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including Presentation Skills.
- Be well organised and have a strong work ethic.
Expressions of Interest by close of business on Monday, 24 June 2019 and are to be sent to: Ian Benson, General Manager Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association Inc, at P.O Box 482 Hastings 3915