Matt Foy from Hastings Cricket Club and Tom Ewing from Mt Eliza Cricket Club have been selected to represent the U17 Victorian Country Cricket team which will play in the National Championship to be held in Brisbane beginning September 28th.
All at the MPCA congratulate Matt & Tom on their selection and wish them all the best for the championship.
UMPIRES ADVISOR – Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association
Expressions of Interest are invited for the position of MPCA Umpires Advisor.
The position will report to the MPCA Board with Job description as follows.
To develop and maintain comprehensive umpire coaching, on- going training, assessment and recruitment of Umpires.
1. Motivate, develop and support umpires.
2. Be responsible for the on- going improvement of umpires.
3. Where applicable monitor each umpires development plan.
4. Review post-match assessment of umpires.
5. Liaise with the Director of Umpiring following the review of post-match assessment of umpires.
6. Liaise with the umpire selection panel following the review of post-match assessment of umpires.
7. Attend nominated matches to observe and provide appropriate coaching to umpires.
8. Ensure umpires are properly instructed and fully versed in the Laws of Cricket, MPCA Playing conditions, interpretation and policies.
9. Organise and attend umpiring workshops and the provision of appropriate umpire training materials.
10. Develop and implement recruitment strategies for new umpies.
11. Attend on a regular basis meetings of the MPCUA.
12. Attend if required MPCA Board and Club President Meetings.
The applicant will possess the following attributes:
1. Should be keen and enthusiastic about cricket, umpiring and developing people.
2. Demonstrated umpiring experience at a senior level of not less than three years and preferably at Premier cricket level.
3. Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the Laws of Cricket and MPCA playing conditions.
4. Be able to demonstrate the ability to tailor coaching methods for different individuals and personalities.
5. Knowledge of the relevant health and safety issues pertaining to cricket.
6. Excellent communication skills at all levels including public speaking.
7. Be well organised and have a strong work ethic.
A fee will be offered and negotiated on appointment.
Expressions of Interest by close of business on Friday, 4 September 2015 and are to be forwarded to: Paul Pelzer, General Manager, Mornington Peninsula Cricket Association Inc, PO Box 482, Hastings 3915 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is The South East Country Sharks nominations squad. The players in the squad will be vying for a spot in the final 13 to represent the region in Cricket Victoria’s U18 State Championships (January 2016). All players will receive notification about an upcoming Pathway information night to be held at Frankston Peninsula Cricket Club. The trial process will begin in late September all players will be notified. The story can also be seen on the region website: http://secountry.cricketvictoria.com.au/home.aspx
U18 Sharks Squad
The selectors have made a further cut to the U14 VMCU Squad with the players now to complete in a 30 over trial match on Saturday 19th September 2015 at Frankston YCW CC ground, Peninsula Reserve, Franks St, Frankston starting at 10.00am. Players in squads below are requested to be at the ground by 9.30am with their whites.
U14 – 2016 VMCU Nominations – Trail Match Squads
Players selected in South East Sharks squad are not required for this trial.
Any player unavailable is to contact Michael ASH on 0412 222 435
The selectors would like to thank all players that participated in the sessions to date and congratulate them on their efforts and conduct during the selection process.
The selectors have competed the first cut for 2016 Under 12 VMCU Squad with the squad being split into four teams as below to move into the next phase of the trials.
U12 – 2016 VMCU Squad – First Cut
The teams will participate in two T20 practice matches to be held on Saturday 12th September 2015 at Frankston YCW CC ground, Peninsula Reserve, Frank street Frankston.
Game 1: Team Blue and Team Purple to commence at 10am concluding at 1 pm, players are to arrive at 9.30am.
Game 2: Team Green and Team Orange to commence at 1.30pm concluding at 4.30pm, player are to arrive at 1pm.
Emergencies will be contacted if required for the practice matches.
Players should arrive at the ground no later than 30 minutes prior to the commencement of play and should be attired in whites , bring drinks, sun cream, a hat and along with their cricket gear.
Selectors wish to thank all players who attended the practices sessions to date and thank them for their efforts and conduct during the sessions.
Should there be any issues attending this session can you please contact Gerard Rabot (0420 327 414) or Stella Jackson. (0488 012 461)